"Childrens Hospital Donation"

"Childrens Hospital Donation"
This is the load of Baby Hats, Blankies, Teddy's Bears & Dolls we took to
Childrens Hospital In Little Rock today.. There are over 400 Baby hats...

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Basic Childs Knitted Hat

                                               children's size 3-10 yrs
NOTE:
I always sl st my first st of every row, so if I'm working a knit row, I slip
st the first st knit wise, If I'm purling a row , my first st is slipped purl wise

I use Red Heart 4 oz 4 ply yarn          -          10 Needles

CO 60 sts,

Rows 1-6: k2, p2 across (60 sts)

Row 7: knit across (60 sts)

Row 8: Purl across (60 sts)

Rows 9-36: Repeat rows 7 & 8  (60 sts)

Row 37: k2 together all the way across (30 sts)

Row 38: purl across (30 sts)

Row 39: K2 together all the way across (15 sts)

Row 40: Purl across , DO NOT FINISH OFF, (15 sts)
cut a 16" tail  of yarn thread through a needle, carefully go through loops of the 15 sts on your knitting needles, pull tight closing the top of hat, now line up your side seems, and whip st all the way down, fasten off & tuck in tail

NOTE:
I learned this {Type of Decreese} from someone else years ago and have loved it and used it ever sence, quick and easy decreese as above in Row 37 & 39.

NOTE:
I don't use a pattern much any more. I cast on 60, 70 or 80 stitches in worsted weight yarn and make the pattern up as I go along. I vary them by colors, stripes,  lace work (simple lace like YO K2TOG across, then a row of plain, then K2TOG YO across, varying the hole placement), Fun tops, ETC. Let  your imagine flow and enjoy making hats for children


                                                   {Brim Rolled Up}

For Ron:
I  CO 80 sts and make this same hat on a size 10 1/2 needles for my husband, who needs a nice hat but can't stand anything tight or restricking on his head.We turn the Brim up and it fits wonderfuly for him

                                  Happy Knitting One & All
                                       {Copyright © 2011}

1 comment:

  1. I really like the colors you used for this hat, it's a keeper for me! Thanks!!
    Wanda in Maine

    ReplyDelete